Isle of Skye – Leica Meet – Mar 8th – 11th
These routes have been chosen to allow for multiple options to stop/shoot on the way. But as always bear in mind that the schedule is flexible and weather dependent. This is a festival of seeing, shooting, sharing, socialising…. and when you get back and process your images – celebrating!
Mar 8th – Sunday
- Arrive Inverness Airport. Collection by driver/guide late afternoon in 8 seater minibus, transport to Sconsor Lodge on the East coast, (journey time roughly 3 hrs). Check out our guide company: http://skyeguides.co.uk/
- Dinner en route or at the lodge
- Overnight at Sconsor Lodge: http://www.sconserlodge.co.uk/out&about.asp
Mar 9th – Monday
- 6.00: meet for coffee/biscuits. Sunrise and explore coastline and local landscape.
- 8/8.30: return for b/fast at lodge
- 9.30: depart for Elgol on West Coast. The village of Elgol, on the shores of Loch Scavaig, has a wonderful rocky coastline with magnificent views out to the Inner Hebrides & across to the Black Cuillin range. This is a scenic drive including multiple stopping options along the way for mountains, abandoned church, lochs. Circa 1 hour on beach taking classic views.
- 12.30: lunch at cafe in Elgol.
- 1.30: possible trip in to see Fairy Pools or similar lesser known location, head North to Fiskavaig bay for sunset over the sea & islands of Bracadale Bay. Again options to stop/shoot
- 7.00: return to Sconser and dinner at the lodge
Mar 10th – Tuesday
- 6.00: meet for coffee/biscuits, dawn shots at Sligachan where an early 19th century picturesque stone bridge crosses the river that carries the water down from the Cuillin. This is a classic setting. Water cascading over a stony river bed with the surrounding hills as a backdrop.
- 8.30: b/fast back at hotel and re-pack
- 9.30: drive to Neist Point, the most westerly point on the Duirinish Peninsula. With its lighthouse perched on vertical cliffs it forms one of the iconic Skye vistas.
- 12.30: pub lunch en route
- 1.30: drive to the Northern part of the island (via Faerie Glen) eventually for sunset over the Outer Hebrides.
- 7.00: check into Beinn Edra House: http://www.valtosskye.co.uk/bedandbreakfast.html
- Dinner at Lodge tba
Mar 11th – Wednesday
- 6.30am dawn shots along the Flodigarry/Staffin coastline
- 8.30: b/fast at hotel and re-pack
- 9.30: drive to the iconic Old Man of Storr (a rocky outcrop with interesting pinnacles that are the remnants of ancient landslips). It’s eastern face looks across the Sound of Rassay
- Lunch is on the go and around 11.00 we need to start watching the clock. We need to be on the bridge back to the mainland by 12.30 latest to get back to Inverness airport by 3.00 pm for flights back.
Each person is responsible for getting to Inverness airport, costs of accomodation, food and drink. The hotels will be pre-booked at the following costs: Sconsor Lodge £65 single room p night for two nights. Beinn Edra House, £45 single room for one night. Additionally there is a charge of £300 pp for the driver/guide, 8 seater minibus, collect/return to Inverness airport, available pre-sunrise to post sunset each day.
Any queries or questions please contact me on email@example.com